T3 Webinar: "Disparities in Access to Transplantation"
November 4, 2020 from 02:00pm to 03:00pm EST
Disparities in Access to Transplantation
Wednesday, November 4, 2020 - 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm EST
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the nature of disparities in transplantation in the US
- Identify factors that are driving disparities in transplantation - using kidney transplantation as a case study
- Highlight examples of multi-level strategies to address disparities in transplantation
- Tanjala Purnell, MPH, PhD • Director of Education, Johns Hopkins Center for Health Equity, Baltimore, MD
- Larissa Myaskovsky, PhD • Professor of Internal Medicine & Director, Center for Healthcare Equity in Kidney Disease, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM
- Winfred Williams, Jr., MD • Associate Chief, Division of Nephrology, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
AST would like to thank the Psychosocial and Ethics Community of Practice (PSECOP), in conjunction with the Pediatric Community of Practice (PCOP) and Women's Health Community of Practice (WHCOP), for recommending "Disparities in Access to Transplantation" as a topic for the 2020-2021 T3 series. Learn more about AST's COPs at www.myast.org/cops.
Registration Deadline: November 4, 2020 02:45 EST