Living Donor Community of Practice (LDCOP)
2023-2024 Executive Committee
Chair: Krista Lentine (2024)
Co-Chair: AnnMarie Liapakis (2024)
Board Liaison: Vineeta Kumar (2023)
Therese Bittermann (2024)
Swee Ling Levea (2024)
Christina Irene Mejia (2024)
Brian Lee (2025)
Anju Yadav (2025)
Mallika Gupta (2024)
Staff Liaison: Olivia Snow (osnow@myAST.org)
LDCOP Educational Resources
The LDCOP is committed to providing quality educational resources for both professionals and patients. Please visit the "LDCOP Educational Resources" page to learn more about the LDCOP's toolkits, webinars, educational resources, and ongoing workgroups.
- Host online Journal Clubs in the field of living donation to cover the full depth of living donation that reflects the evolution in practice, including living liver donation and uterus living donation.
- Host online webinars addressing important issues in the field of living donation.
- Host Living Donor Genetics Case-Based Webinar.
- Host webinar with Genetic Counselor.
- Host Global Perspectives in Living Donation Webinar Series.
- Seek and aggregate LDCOP member feedback on OPTN/UNOS public comment proposals.
- Complete annual review of the Living Donor Kidney Financial Toolkit .
- Develop financial resource for paired exchange.
- Create visual abstracts, infographics for LDCOP (Journal club, donation derby etc.) including visual abstracts for the six meeting reports from the Living Donor Liver Transplant Consensus Conference.
- Create Living donor content for Comprehensive Transplant Curriculum.
- Use social media platforms and the Hub to educate, promote, and engage professionals in living donation..
- Spotlight LDCOP Members on the Hub and social media to recognize the contributions of our members.
- Engage COP members by meeting and collaborating on ATC Program Proposals on Living Donation.
- Promote and select travel grant awardees to attend ATC.
- Assess strength and weaknesses of the various measurements of GFR and consideration of body size and age.
- Address if the decline in GFR after donation is considered CKD or low GFR.
- Create algorithm regarding assessment of GFR in living donor
- Publish manuscript regarding US living donor liver transplant program practices for the psychosocial evaluation and triage of potential living liver donors.
- Publish manuscript regarding US living donor kidney transplant program practices for the psychosocial evaluation and triage of potential living liver donors.
- Continue the Support a Member Program (sponsor memberships for non-doctoral members that work in living donation).
- Refresh the Living Donor Kidney Toolkit.
- Enhance access to living kidney donation via telemedicine services.
- Reduce policy and regulatory barriers to telemedicine practice.