Other Videos & Webinars
AST produces a wide variety of online educational videos and webinars in addition to the Timely Topics in Transplantation (T3) and AST/AJT Journal Club series. These include:
- Full educational webinar series,
- Meeting videos,
- Individual webinars sponsored by AST and its Communities of Practice.
1) Additional AST educational webinar series:
The "Transplant Administration Foundations Course" course was developed by the AST's Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice (TxAQM COP) as a series of coordinated live webinars for professionals in the field of Transplant Administration. The Foundations Course features a series of videos covering a variety of topics for the transplant administration profession, including sessions on cost reporting, contracting for transplant, and program infrastructure.
The two-part "Transitioning from Fellowship to Faculty – Tips and Tricks from the Experts" webinar series, created by the AST Trainee and Young Faculty COP with support from the AST Fellows Planning Committee and AST Education Committee, is designed to assist fellows and early career transplant professionals with navigating the entire job hunting process: from the initial job search, through to interviewing, and finally to contract negotiation.
The "VCA for the Transplant Community - The Need and the Achieved (Debunking the Myths)" webinar series, designed by the AST VCA Advisory Council (VCA AC), is designed to broaden the interdisciplinary interaction between those involved in VCA and those involved in non VCA transplantation. The objective of this series is to share with the wider transplant community, through the AST membership and beyond, the current unmet needs that VCA aims to address.
In September 2021, the Sensitization in Transplantation: Assessment of Risk (STAR) working group invited AST and ASHI members to join a two-day webinar event titled, "STAR Working Group: 2022 Reports & Planning." STAR presenters reported on the working group's latest projects and attendees were encouraged to share their questions and feedback as the group planned for a pre-meeting event at AST's Cutting Edge of Transplantation (CEoT) 2022 meeting.
The nine-part "Independent Living Donor Advocate (ILDA)" series is targeted to Independent Living Donor Advocates (ILDAs) and transplant managers, but many transplant professionals will find this information valuable given the documented differences in practice, confusion about requirements, and dearth of available training materials. Viewers will learn to understand the ILDA role and regulatory requirements, describe the specifics of ILDA role implementation and compliance, and more!
2) AST meetings videos available for purchase:
3) Individual webinars sponsored by AST and its Communities of Practice:
⮞ 2021 Videos
- COVID-19 & Ethics: AST Psychosocial & Ethics Community of Practice (PSECOP) Ethics Webinar on COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 Town Hall: COVID-19: Organ Donation & Transplant Town Hall #5 - 10/4/21
- Uterus Transplantation: Uterus Transplantation – A Primer for Transplant Professionals
- COVID-19 Community Q&A: COVID-19 and the Transplant Community: Answering your Questions on Vaccinations
- Ethics & Organ Transplant: COVID-19 Vacunas para Pacientes Hispanos y Transplantes, con invitado especial, José Luis Rodríguez
- Medication Access: Medication Access Explained: Navigating the Road to Approval
- ESRD: ESRD Treatment Choices Payment Model: An Overview
⮞ 2020 Videos
- COVID-19 Town Hall: COVID-19: Organ Donation & Transplant Town Hall #4 - 12/3/20
- Race and Access to Kidney Tx: Race, Racism, and Access to Renal Transplantation Among African Americans
- Managing Stress: Calm Amidst Chaos: Managing Stress and Anxiety During Times of Uncertainty
- COVID-19 Town Hall: COVID-19 Organ Donation & Transplant Town Hall #3 - 5/11/20
- COVID-19 Special Module: COVID-19 Special Module on Donor & Transplant Issues - 4/17/20
- COVID-19 Town Hall: COVID-19 Organ Donation & Transplant Town Hall #2 – 4/13/20
- COVID-19 Town Hall: COVID-19 Organ Donation & Transplant Town Hall #1 - 3/23/20
⮞ 2019 Videos
⮞ 2018 Videos
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.