Transplant Nephrology Core Curriculum
The Transplant Nephrology Core Curriculum (TNCC) is an online program jointly provided by the American Society of Nephrology and the American Society of Transplantation. The TNCC focuses on key information needed to prepare for the American Board of Internal Medicine Nephrology Board Certification and Maintenance of Certification examinations. The course also provides a comprehensive update on kidney transplantation. The program consists of 11 presentations by outstanding speakers in the field of transplantation and is available for purchase on an individual or multi-user basis.
At the conclusion of the program, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss the immunologic basis for acute and chronic rejection of renal allografts.
- Delineate algorithms for evaluation of potential kidney transplant recipients and donors.
- Define the short- and long-term outcomes of kidney transplant recipients and donors in the modern era.
- Discuss basic pharmacology of currently available immunosuppressive drugs.
- Describe the perioperative management and potential surgical complications of kidney transplantation.
- Discuss the pathophysiology and management of common long-term complications of kidney transplantation.
- Delineate the role of the Organ Procurement Transplant Network in regulating allocation of deceased donor organ transplantation.
- Describe management issues that are unique to pediatric kidney transplant recipients.
- For any questions concerning the purchase of, or access to, this activity, please contact AST via email at info@myAST.org.
- For any questions concerning the content, CE credits, or MOC points, please contact ASN via email email@example.com.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the American Society of Nephrology and the American Society of Transplantation (AST). The American Society of Nephrology is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.